Sunday 13 September 2015

Chaos Relic Predator WIP


Ah the good old days.  When they made predators that could really kick the pants off of things and for cheap.  A plasma predator you say?!  Well that just sounds nifty!

After Imperial Armour 13 dropped a friend of mine scratch built himself a plasma totting Relic Predator that put out a lot of damage for very little points.  I really liked it, and with the lack of AP 2 weapons in my army it seemed like a great idea.

So after winning a bid on Ebay for a turret mounted plasma cannon and a great find at a gamer garage sale I went to work.  Here is what I have done so far.  For less than 150pts here is my predator that puts out 3 plasma cannon blasts and 2 lascannon shots.  I'm not sure how necessary the lascannons are but oh well what the hell.

The tank and cannon bits

 After mounting the cannon

 A start on sculpting with green stuff to blend the cannon bits and add some nuglish bits to the tank.

Finished build!  I'm not entirely sure about the flag but i've had it in my bits box for so long and I love the way it looks.  Its magnetized to the back so that I can remove it if needed.  Now I just have to paint it.  I think that is going to wait however as I have a Chaos Dreadclaw here that needs some conversion love.  Yes Reid it's next!



No comments:

Post a Comment