Just a quick update on the Dreadclaw project. I've finally finished the most tedious part of the painting! Hallelujah! Painting the metals and then doing the 3 layers of rust is harsh.
Here is the layering of the rust and how it looks going on.
You can really see the difference each layer makes as you apply it. it really starts making the rust pop. I also attempted one of the splashes. I just had to know how it would look. I've added a bit more to it since this picture but I am really pleased with how it turned out. I'm really glad I tested this technique beforehand.
There you have it. So far so good. Tonight im working on the base and more details.