Sunday 15 September 2013

Almost done!

 
 
Almost done with what I brought out here to paint and what I have had shipped out.  It has been great to get so much done but I have to say that this last squad was a little difficult to finish.  Power Armour usually get a little tedious once you have painted so much of it, but they turned out pretty good.  I had fun working on the shoulders and trying out the glazing method to get a good change in colour.  Its hard to see in the picture but I work with what I have.  Hell I've even had to borrow the camera to take all of the pictures so far.  For this squad I've painted them up with mainly a Black Legion feel but I've painted a purple/pink onto one of the shoulder pads.  After playing with CSM's in my army lists with the new 6th edition rules I thought it would be fun to thrown in a Slaanesh marked unit and try them out.  I've also mixed in pistols, bolters and close combat weapons because I'm going to give them the full load out.
 
 
The last thing I would like to share is something that I have had done up while I'm here.  I have always wanted to get something done for the Gaming Club back home and could never decide on what.  Before I left home, during a paint night at a friends, I brought up the idea of a "Challenge" system.  The idea is that someone starts with a club "item" and signs his/her name on it.  He/She can be challenged by anyone else in the club once a week.  The Champion has to accept as long as life doesn't get in the way.  The two players decide on a points value and play their game.  If the Champion wins he/she keeps the "item".  If the challenger wins he/she takes the "item" and signs it.  I got the idea from one of my favourite podcasts and they use a hoodie. 
 
When I brought up the idea of the hoodie at paint night I was given the idea of a banner instead.  What a great idea!  Now where to get something like that made.  Well I found someone out here that can make pretty much anything I could want so I designed up a banner for the club and while I was at it I designed one for myself as well.  They both turned out great.  I was hoping to get the club banner the same length as mine but there was a miscommunication.  Once I'm home I will mount them both with some doweling and a base and we will be good to start the Challenges.

 
Get ready guys because I plan on holding onto this for a while!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment