Tuesday 12 June 2012

New Toys


I LOVE NEW TOYS!!!!

The Khorne Land Raider was put on the back burner for the evening.  It's here!  It's finally here!  The wheeled Chimera conversion bits from Chapter House Studios just came in the mail today.

The new in box Chimera that was sitting in my basement / nerd cave has been calling my name for the past 2 weeks.  Most of you that know me know that I can't keep anything in box.  Normally I have it out and put together right away.  With this project however I really wanted to do a WIP of the conversion, build and painting.  This awesome APC will be the newest addition to my renegades and will probably be the only Chimera the army sees.  I just had to share the awesomeness of the vehicle and once its painted i'll get those pics up here.


All of the pieces ready for assembly.


Wheeled Chimera built!





I love the look of the wheels on the Chimera chassis.  It make it look much sleeker.  The build of the tank went really well.  I will have to green stuff some gaps but there aren't that many to do.  Unlike the other tanks for my Renegades I didn't add a bunch of spikey bits to this one.  I like to keep the turret free to spin and with the guns on the rear of the vehicle it didn't really leave me a lot of space where the spikey bits would look good.  Its not going to see paint for a while yet and I'm probably going to keep looking at it trying to figure out what else I could do to it with my limited bits.  If anyone has any ideas to chaos it up please share.  Ok its built.  Whew!  Now back to the Land Raider!

3 comments:

  1. That looks sweet. My only complaint is that 8 wheels is better than 6... /;-)

    This will look pretty sweet in your army and give you some fun mobile firepower...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd get some razor wire and attach it to the top perimeter of the tank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget to continue the chaos circle from your super heavy tank onto this one. I wanna see a complete circle when you're all said and done

      Delete